Tip Tuesday – Coconut Oil!
Coconut oil is a very useful, multi-tasking product.
There are many ways to use it in everyday scenarios to make life easier (and healthier!). It’s the perfect choice for baking, sautéing, pan-frying and more. It helps stabilize blood sugars, which as a Diabetic, is particularly useful for me!
Here are some of the many uses –
• You can stir a spoonful into your smoothie, oatmeal, soup, stew, or chili!
• You can use coconut oil as a dairy-free replacement for butter or other oils in most recipes.
• A dab on the inside of your nose can help alleviate allergy symptoms.
• It’s also a great, natural way to soothe chapped lips, soften cheeks, remove makeup, and soften cuticles.
• Slice potatoes into medallions and brush with coconut oil before slow-roasting for a crispy outer shell.
• Toast sesame seeds in coconut oil over medium heat until warm and fragrant, then serve over a bed of greens with chopped avocado, shredded coconut, and orange segments. Top with your favorite light vinaigrette. Yum!
• Simmer virgin coconut oil with strips of citrus rind for a sweet smelling body moisturizer.
• Use as a tropical massage oil.
• A little dab rubbed on your hands and then lightly through your hair will get rid of frizz (especially useful in the winter!)
• A tablespoon melted into a cup of hot tea will help soothe a sore throat.
• Mix with salt to remove dry skin on your feet.
• Whip it with a few tablespoons of peanut butter and honey and eat it as a fruit dip. It tastes like a fluffy, nutty, coconutty caramel!
There are literally hundreds of uses for coconut oil, this is just a sampling of it’s uses. We have also dabbed it on Roxy when she had dry skin patches and it worked beautifully!
What is your favorite use for coconut oil? As always, I welcome any suggestions, as I am a huge fan of coconut oil!