I love food. Like, LOVE FOOD.
And breakfast sammiches rank hiiiiiigh on my list of favorites. And I could (and if my health wouldn’t suffer for it, would…) eat them every day!
But I don’t, because that’s not balance. When I start my morning with a good-for-me breakfast, most often, the rest of the day just flows much better!
I still enjoy a bagel (boy do I enjoy it!) or a breakfast sammich, because, BALANCE… but for me, my health, and my goals, that’s not the norm, and I’m grateful I enjoy, and my body responds well to, cleaner breakfasts!
Today: farina with a tsp of Maple syrup, cinnamon, apples and walnuts – so good!
Simple. Tasty. Portable. WINNING!
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup of any berry of your choice!
Preheat oven to 375°F. Mash the bananas with a fork. Whisk in the eggs until combined well. Spray a mini muffin tin with coconut oil spray.
Add a few berries to each compartment and pour the banana egg mixture until each compartment is filled. Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until mixture appears set.
Enjoy! Yields 12 muffins.
Breakfast is served! Yum!
Two of my favorite flavors, combined! 🙂
Nice and simple, because for me, Shakeology tastes good, so I don’t always feel a need to dress it up. It is nice to have the option to do so, so I can mimic specific flavors if I am craving them, but it’s also nice to have good tasting product on its own!
Do you like regular Strawberry or Vegan Tropical Strawberry better?
Ahhh, chocolate for breakfast. With a side of NOGUILT. 🙂
Ahhhh… the egg. So versatile. So tasty! This is a great way to prepare breakfast for almost a whole week! And since we all know how food prep and getting things ready to grab is key, this is perfect!
Also 21 Day Fix-friendly for those of you following that meal plan! 🙂
Yum! I love eggs, and I love breakfast, AND I love my slow cooker! I should note that I consider this more of a “splurge” breakfast – nothing I would eat every day, but sometimes you gotta live and let live on the weekends!
This tasty recipe comes courtesy of Betty Crocker!
- 10 cups cubed French or ciabatta bread (about 12 oz)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 9 eggs
- 2 cups (1 pint) half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded smoked Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1 lb thick-sliced bacon, cooked, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Heat oven to 300°F. On large cookie sheet, spread bread cubes. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until dry.
- Line sides of 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with foil that has been folded into thirds; spray with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, melt butter. Add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, just until tender.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half and pepper flakes with whisk. Reserve 3/4 cup cheese; set aside. Stir in remaining cheese, the bacon, bell pepper and 2 tablespoons of the parsley. Fold in bread cubes; stir to coat. Spoon mixture into slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours or on High heat setting 2 to 3 hours or until temperature reaches 160°F in center and egg mixture is set.
- Sprinkle reserved cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons parsley over top. Cover; cook about 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Remove foil before serving by loosening edges with table knife.
Great to prep everything ahead either Friday night or Saturday night and cook in the morning for a leisurely weekend breakfast!