•It’s all up to you•
Yes, you could choose to see that as SCARY, as terrifying, as intimidating…
Or you can see it as EMPOWERING, as inspiration, you can see it as liberating and you can CHOOSE to show up.
You have everything you need to do it WITHIN you.
And I have everything you need to SUCCEED – support, accountability, tips, recipes, prize opportunities, access to meal plans and workouts, and a fun, uplifting group of badass ladies with good vibes and an excellent sense of humor!
So if you are tired of seeing it as SCARY and you are ready to feel EMPOWERED, what are you waiting for?! Let’s rock it together!
We can DO hard things 💕
… when one of your best girls sends you gourmet popcorn from an awesome store in Michigan (that you didn’t have time to visit when you were there!), and it takes all. your. willpower not to empty the bag for breakfast 😇
Can’t wait for a snack later, thank you Sara (the popcorn addict herself!)
Make moments count.
Make the time.
Make your gifts known.
Make everybody feel like somebody.
Make your voice heard.
Make the small things big.
Make someone smile.
Make the change.
Make sure to tell your people they are loved.
Make sure to have no regrets.
Make your wellness a priority.
Tip Tuesday – Coconut Oil!
Coconut oil is a very useful, multi-tasking product.
There are many ways to use it in everyday scenarios to make life easier (and healthier!). It’s the perfect choice for baking, sautéing, pan-frying and more. It helps stabilize blood sugars, which as a Diabetic, is particularly useful for me!
Here are some of the many uses –
• You can stir a spoonful into your smoothie, oatmeal, soup, stew, or chili!
• You can use coconut oil as a dairy-free replacement for butter or other oils in most recipes.
• A dab on the inside of your nose can help alleviate allergy symptoms.
• It’s also a great, natural way to soothe chapped lips, soften cheeks, remove makeup, and soften cuticles.
• Slice potatoes into medallions and brush with coconut oil before slow-roasting for a crispy outer shell.
• Toast sesame seeds in coconut oil over medium heat until warm and fragrant, then serve over a bed of greens with chopped avocado, shredded coconut, and orange segments. Top with your favorite light vinaigrette. Yum!
• Simmer virgin coconut oil with strips of citrus rind for a sweet smelling body moisturizer.
• Use as a tropical massage oil.
• A little dab rubbed on your hands and then lightly through your hair will get rid of frizz (especially useful in the winter!)
• A tablespoon melted into a cup of hot tea will help soothe a sore throat.
• Mix with salt to remove dry skin on your feet.
• Whip it with a few tablespoons of peanut butter and honey and eat it as a fruit dip. It tastes like a fluffy, nutty, coconutty caramel!
There are literally hundreds of uses for coconut oil, this is just a sampling of it’s uses. We have also dabbed it on Roxy when she had dry skin patches and it worked beautifully!
What is your favorite use for coconut oil? As always, I welcome any suggestions, as I am a huge fan of coconut oil!
Friendly reminder to ‘be the duck’, and let the “haters” roll off your back today!
There are going to be people who have something to say about the game, how it was won, everything…
Today is a prime day for baiting people into losing their minds, so don’t fall for it! Don’t let them get the best of you, don’t let other people’s troll tactics take away from the victory of what your team did; let’s just bask in the glory and celebrate!
Congratulations Patriots! ❤️🏈💙
Happy February, happy Friday!
Bloodwork today, hoping that it reflects the insulin is continuing to do its job, and if so, discussing the possibility of getting off the pills, as I don’t feel they did anything and I think everyone knows how I feel about pharmaceuticals (I realize and accept that I am now married to insulin for life…)
But if not today, we are closer; I know it!
There are way too many people overly concerning themselves with what others are doing, and way too many people letting these “concerned people” kill their vibe.
Live and let live, people!
Blinders on, you do you!