Sometimes we want things with only a handful of ingredients, to keep it quick and simple, am I right?
For this yummy salad, you need:
- 2 ounces thinly sliced pancetta, chopped
- 1/2 of a small red onion, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (can also use apple cider vinegar)
- 8 cups packaged fresh baby spinach
- 1 ounce semi-soft goat cheese (chevre), crumbled
In a large skillet cook pancetta and red onion over medium heat about 8 minutes or until pancetta is crisp and onion is just tender, stirring occasionally. Remove pancetta and onion from skillet using a slotted spoon.
Stir vinegar into drippings in skillet. Add spinach. Cook and toss for 30 to 60 seconds or until spinach is just wilted. Divide spinach mixture among four serving plates. Top with pancetta mixture and goat cheese. Serve immediately. Makes 4 (1 cup each) servings, which net you 92 calories, 5 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 10 mg cholesterol., 191 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrates. (3 g fiber, 1 g sugars), 6 g protein.