I have been truly surprised by how much I am loving Country Heat. I have always been open to any music that has a beat, but Country music was never really at the top of my list (in my defense, a LOT of it can be super cheesy!)
But like I said, as a Coach, I really do take pride in my ability to try things before deciding how I feel about them, and there was SO much buzz around this program at Summit that you really could not help but want to try it and see what all the noise was about!
The trainer Autumn and I… we have had our differences in the past (she is unaware of this as she cant hear me yelling at her through the TV – lucky for her!), because man does she WORK YOU in Hammer & Chisel and the 21 Day Fix/21Day Fix Extreme programs. She has effective programs but I personally found myself annoyed at her style sometimes, so I was a little ambivalent about signing on to do another program led by her after 2 straight rounds of Hammer & Chisel with her.
Well… lets just say it is a good thing I decide things for myself and don’t let preconceived notions get in my way, because its an AWESOME program and I actually find myself enjoying Autumn – she is a bit more relaxed and fun in this program (because its about dancing, duh!)
Here’s a short summation as to why I am digging this program so much:
- The workouts are no longer than 30 minutes. Coming off of Hammer and Chisel, where some of them were 54 minutes, 30 minutes is EASY PEASY. And let’s me sleep a bit later than 4:30!
- It’s teaching me better rhythm and how to be more sensual and smooth with my body… I can tend to be sort of herky-jerky sometimes, much to my chagrin.
- It’s not a lot of memorization… I love Cize, but in the first couple times doing each routine, memorizing 8 moves in a sequence sometimes had me in a tizzy until I got the hang of it, so I really love Autumn’s pairing of just 2 moves at a time.
- The supporting cast – she picked some FUN people to do this workout with her! Most people are captivated by “Cupcake” but there is a guy called Kenny who steals the show for me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. He’s just smooth moves and having a blast, and I dig it.
- The workouts fly by! I am still drenched at the end, yet I find myself amped and ready for more, whereas with most other programs I will be honest and confess I spend a lot of time watching the clock!
Have you been considering giving it a try?