I have never met a Cinnamon roll I didn’t like. The struggle is really real… they are one of my weaknesses, especially when still warm…. they just.. ohh… sooo good.
Sorry, lost my train of thought there! BUT… as good as they are, most versions aren’t healthy, and have high sugar and carb counts. I know, it makes ME sad too.
Healthier recipes to the rescue! 🙂
- ¾ cup heavy cream or milk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups sunflower seed meal or almond flour
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp Allspice
- 2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp black strap molasses
- ½ cup Swerve (Low glycemic sweetener safe for Diabetics)
- ½ cup Swerve
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp softened butter
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Add the heavy cream and apple cider vinegar to small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the next 8 dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the butter, oil, eggs, molasses and 1/2 cup Swerve to a stand mixer and blend until incorporated well.
- Add the heavy cream and vinegar into the stand mixer and blend until smooth.
- Gradually pour in the dry ingredients into the stand mixer and blend until combined.
- Grease a 12 capacity muffin pan and pour batter evenly into each cup.
- In a small bowl stir the topping ingredients together and add spread about teaspoon to each muffin top.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- While they bake, mix the icing ingredients together in a stand mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- Allow muffins to cool about 5 minutes then loosen around edges with a butter knife.