I know, sometimes that midday crash is inevitable, no matter how rested or well-fed you are. It’s especially prominent in the summer, when the heat and humidity, plus the go-go-go-ness can totally deplete your energy levels.
Luckily, there is no need for an energy drink or to mainline iced coffee… these foods will help naturally restore your energy levels!
- Melons – 90% of their weight comes from water, so they play a key role in keeping you hydrated, which keeps your energy levels up.
- Polenta – the feat here is that Polenta is loaded with complex carbs, which are broken down slowly, so they keep your blood sugar on an even keel, providing a sustained energy release that lasts for hours without that dreaded blood sugar spike!
- Green Tea – Green Tea is rich in L-theanine, an amino acid that makes you feel alert and invigorated without the jitters that some people get from coffee (I personally can’t stand that jittery feeling!)
- Crab – these red pinchers aren’t just a tasty source of superlean protein, they are also packed with vitamin B12, which balances your mood and fights fatigue. B12 also keeps red blood cells healthy so they can ferry oxygen to our brains, helping us think clearly and stay energized!
- Brown Rice – Packed with complex carbs, brown rice is also a great source of Magnesium, which help keep your bodies metabolism levels.
- Lentils – Lentils have a powerful combo of slowly digested protein, complex carbohydrates, and fiber, which could very well make them the ideal energy food.
There are plenty of others – do you know of any other good ones?