There are tons of unhealthy, yet ridiculously delicious foods out there. The problem is usually the manner in which it’s cooked, or its ingredients list. Like fried chicken; yeah, it doesn’t even SOUND healthy. Lucky for me (and you!) Diabetic Connect has us covered!
There recipe is below, and is definitely worth a try! Let me know what you think!
- 2 whole medium chicken breasts
- 1 ½ lbs (total), skinned and halved lengthwise
- 2/3 cup crushed low-fat crackers or onion-flavored crackers (about 40 crackers)
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter,melted
- Rinse chicken, pat dry. In a pie plate, combine crushed crackers and red pepper. In a small bowl combine egg white and water.
- Brush chicken with egg mixture. Sprinkle with crumb mixture, gently press crumbs onto chicken. Place in an ungreased, shallow baking pan. Drizzle with the melted margarine or butter.
- Bake at 375° for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
Makes 4 main dish servings.
Nutritional Facts (per serving) –
- Calories 242
- Total fat 8g (1g saturated fat)
- Cholesterol 73mg
- Sodium 237mg
- Carbohydrates 11g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 29g