Cornbread… has always been a favorite of mine. It’s delicious on its own. It’s even better accompanying chili. I don’t think I have ever met a cornbread I didn’t like…
So with nutrition in mind, I am sharing this healthier recipe from Diabetic Connect in hopes that you will also enjoy it!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ¾ teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 cup flour
- 1 medium egg, slightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup skim milk
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add eggs and milk, mix well.
- Pour into 12×8-inch pan which has been sprayed with a non-stick vegetable spray.
- Bake at 425° F for 25 minutes.
- Cut into 12 squares
- Calories 81
- Sodium 142mg
- Fat 1g
- Carbohydrates 15g