Ahhh, Salmon. I love it… we make it on a fairly regular basis, and I am blessed to have relatives in Alaska who ship me and my family fresh salmon, crabs legs, and other delicious stuff. I just adore seafood, I guess it’s part of growing up close to the ocean… In the Ocean State (Rhode Island) where I live, you are never more than 5 minutes from the sea, and that has totally shaped my love of seafood!
Salmon is known for its flavor, but it is jam-packed with health benefits too! Plus, I find the color absolutely gorgeous; nice and bright!
Main benefits from wild salmon:
- Omega-3 fatty acids –
- Protect heart health
- Reduce risk of sudden death from heart disease
- Reduce risk of stroke
- Reduce chance of heart disease in Type 2 Diabetes
- Essential in infant brain and eye development during pregnancy and infancy
- Improve blood lipid patterns
- Improve blood vessel function
- Improve symptoms of immune and inflammatory disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, Chrone’s disease and some skin conditions
- Reduce the risk of some mental disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease and depression
- High Quality Protein
- Essential Amino Acids
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Considerable amounts of calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, and phosphorus
We have smoked salmon before (my fiancè is a HUGE fan of his smoker), baked it with some lemon and some dill, tried it in a Teriyaki glaze, and several other ways, and it is always delicious! So versatile, but always fabulous.
Tell me, are you a fan of salmon?