Coconut oil is a very useful, multi-tasking product. There are many ways to use it in everyday scenarios to make life easier (and healthier!). It’s the perfect choice for baking, sautéing, pan-frying and more. It helps stabilize blood sugars, which as a Diabetic, is particularly useful for me!
Here are some of the many uses –
- You can also stir a spoonful into your smoothie, oatmeal, soup, stew, chili, or your Shakeology!
- You can use coconut oil as a dairy-free replacement for butter or other oils in most recipes.
- A dab on the inside of your nose can help alleviate allergy symptoms
- It’s also a great, natural way to soothe chapped lips, soften cheeks, remove makeup, and soften cuticles.
- Slice potatoes into medallions and brush with coconut oil before slow-roasting for a crispy outer shell.
- Toast sesame seeds in coconut oil over medium heat until warm and fragrant, then serve over a bed of greens with chopped avocado, shredded coconut, and orange segments. Top with your favorite light vinaigrette.
- Simmer virgin coconut oil with strips of citrus rind for a sweet smelling body moisturize
- Use as a tropical massage oil
- A little dab rubbed on your hands and then lightly through your hair will get rid of frizz (especially useful in the winter!)
- A tablespoon melted into a cup of hot tea will help soothe a sore throat
- Mix with salt to remove dry skin on your feet
- Whip it with a few tablespoons of peanut butter and honey and eat it as a fruit dip. It tastes like a fluffy, nutty, coconutty caramel.
There are literally hundreds of uses for coconut oil, this is just a sampling of it’s uses. What is your favorite use for coconut oil? As always, I welcome any suggestions, as I am a huge fan of coconut oil!